To assist site coordinator in caring for school age children by performing childcare duties and related tasks.
EDUCATION AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: REQUIRED:
Must be eighteen years of age at time of employment.
Experience working with children.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: REQUIRED:
Valid State Driver s License.
The tasks/competencies listed below represent most of the time spent working in this position. Supervisor may assign additional tasks within the scope of this classification as necessary.
1. Assist the site coordinator.
2. Perform general clerical tasks e.G., maintain student and family records, enter attendance, process payments, make bank deposits, and prepare reports as needed.
3. Requisition and stock supplies.
4. Assist with cleaning up after snack and activities and help to maintain the cleanliness and order of play and storage areas to include toys, games, and manipulatives according to guidelines and Gold Key procedures.
5. Conduct group activities as directed by the site coordinator; plan and implement effective activities for children.
6. Supervise children as directed by the site coordinator by maintaining effective program rules and limits; manage conflicts among children; and help to maintain optimal safety of all children in the program at all times.
7. Build positive relationships with children and other staff members.
8. Complete 24 hours of School Age Certification training each year until the school age certification is complete. Maintain current First Aid/CPR/AED certification. Complete annual Safety Monitor training: first Safety Monitor training must be completed within 90 days of appointment start date.
9. Complete 12 hours annually of Brevard Collaborative Academy coursework offerings if School Age Certification is complete.
10. Attend district and site staff meetings, workshops, and in-service training programs related to job goal.
11. Be assigned, as necessary, to an alternate site on non-school days of service.
Provide outstanding customer service and use positive interpersonal communications skills. Make all decisions and perform all tasks in accordance with Brevard Public Schools strategic plan, vision, and mission. Ensure compliance with Board rules and applicable federal laws and regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES/TRAINING AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Ability to work effectively with School Age Child Care and other school staff members. Ability to effectively care for, relate to and inspire confidence in children. Ability to understand and follow directions. Ability to maintain a schedule that may require a great deal of flexibility on a day-to-day basis. Ability to participate in daily program activities and perform basic clerical duties related to daily center operations.
Knowledge and use of time management and organizational systems. Skill in meeting and exceeding customer/stakeholder expectations within the precincts of policy, procedure, and sound judgment. Skill in active listening and social perceptiveness. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Ability to sustain focus and attention to detail for extended periods of time.
Department of Children and Families Standards for Quality Afterschool Programs (SQAP-8 hours online as Inservice) and BAS: Level I (24 hours online) for the School Age Certification or obtain training by starting within 90 days of appointment with completion within one year of appointment.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED certification OR obtain certification within 90 days of appointment date.
Use office machines such as large volume copiers, printers, or calculators. Use computers for email, word processing, intra/internet, data entry, spreadsheets, service ticket responses, presentations, or custom applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(M) MEDIUM WORK
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
POTENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS/HAZARDS:
Indoor office environment most often with Indoor/Outdoor movement between pods/locations frequently. Intermittent noise and activity level. Requires Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling, Finger Dexterity, Talking, Hearing, and Visual Acuity frequently.
Travel between sites rarely. Travel out of county rarely.